LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE
Our law firm HFH Chambers is a specialist expert finance practice that guides you through all stages of fund set up, operations, marketing and compliance with a market leading team. We understand the start up fund market like nobody else and we share risk with clients we onboard. Talk to people who really get it.
HFH Chambers lawyers have trained at top 10 global law firms and have in-house experience at funds or investment management companies. This gives us a broader perspective and ability to understand investment management from all sides. HFH Chambers advises primarily on hedge fund set up, advising managers and funds of all sizes and strategies in over 50 countries.
HFH is a global leader in advising small seed funds (<$25mn) with record success and survival rates for viable funds well above industry average. HFH is the only firm that can bring its legal, marketing, advisory, operational and counterparty knowhow together in the process of hedge fund set up; this means our clients have far more expert input on hedge fund set up than our competitors can provide as well as substantial time and cost advantages.
We advise on
- Fund establishment - BVI, Cayman, Dubai, Malta, Luxembourg, Mauritius, Singapore primarily, however we advise on other jurisdictions which may serve our clients purposes, e.g. for film finance or to take advantage of particular treaties
- Listing of funds - technical and trading
- Investment Management Company establishment
- Managed Accounts
- Partnership Agreements
- Counterparty Agreements
- Joint Ventures
- Private Equity
- Intellectual Property - relating to funds and trading systems
- Fund "mergers"
- Fund redomiciliation - e.g. from Cayman to EU and vice versa (applicable for EU countries that have redomiciliation treaties with Cayman)
- Bond Issues
- Secondment of lawyers to act as general counsel for client management companies and/or funds
- Secondment of lawyers to act as directors and MLRO for management companies and/or funds
- Secondment of finance lawyers to advise regulators, think tanks and professional bodies and provide expert evidence
- Registered office and company secretariat services
- AIFMD presents opportunities and challenges for managers. The complexity and cost often involved in complying with AIFMD has resulted in some managers seeking to move funds out of the EU. If you are considering this note that some EU funds jurisdictions have treaties with Cayman that allow you to redomicile your fund without going through liquidation, losing track and exiting investors. Equally Cayman funds can redomicile to some EU jurisdictions. HFH is one of few firms advising on redomiciliation. Contact us to find our more.
- Funds with less than 100mn AUM may opt out of AIFMD. Contact us to understand how different EU jurisdictions apply AIFMD and what your hedge fund set up and structuring options are.
- Tired of wrestling with AIFMD compliance? Contact us for more information and an easier more cost effective solution.